7/7/2017 - Communications Hill


Communications Hill - San Jose, CA

It has been awhile since I've enjoyed a scenic view of city lights. I forgot how liberating of an experience it can be. There's something really peaceful about sitting on top of a hill, watching the city lights, and gazing at the moon and stars in silence. I felt so care free, like nothing else in the world mattered. 

As I stared into the city, I realized the lights illuminated the windows of stores, living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens, and buildings. These are spaces that are taken up by people. People I don't know and probably will never meet. It also grounded me in understanding that the people existing in these spaces are also living complex lives, as complex as mine. 

Spending time with myself tonight truly helped me to understand what it means to be in love with myself. I promise that I will take better care of myself. I will love every inch of my body. I will love all my strengths and all my flaws. I will heal my body, spirit, and soul. I will protect myself from harm, pain, and hurt. I will treat my body like a temple. I will love myself for everything I am and for everything I am not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Alchemist

Sea Breeze

Embroidered with Blood